Building parts view
The grid is your work view. This is where you work with quality assurance, edit and incorporate information regarding building element types as individual instances of a type
Is the parameter locked?
If you experience that a parameter is locked and you are unable to add information, it is because the parameter has set sync “Revit to AC” (AjourCollab) or “Read-only”. To change these settings see section Parameters
Multiple edit cells
Multiple select with ”shift” between rows, upon which the marked area indicates select range whereupon you press the parameter column and allocate the value from the value list
Select multiple/single rows by holding down ”ctrl”
- Manual Entry
- Combined filters
- Import from Excel
- Export to Excel
- Locked columns
- Grouped view
- Type grid view
- Filter Selector
6. Locked columns
This feature is quite useful and gives you a better overview if you have many parameters attached in the grid view at the same time.
This gives you the ability to lock one or more columns in the grid from the left side.
First time you need to make the setup, next time Setting is saved
- Key value: Choose the parameter you wish as ID/keynote
- Use type name as headline/description of the keynote text
- Choose parameter which is to be headline/description of keynote text
- Include sub description: Yes/No
- Add sub description: Choose one or more parameters to use for sub descriptions
- Include work: Provides a text before sub description. It may be used to define e.g. which contract is in charge of the sub description text
- Work separator: A separator between work and sub descriptions may be added
- Remove empty lines: If there are empty lines, they will be removed in this setting
- Export: The file will be exported and is ready for download
With this function, you may choose the filters and groupings which have been set up and saved. If the view does not change, when a combined filter is chosen, it is because data in relation to the specific settings, with which it has been set up, is missing
Besides choosing combined filters from here you may also delete existing filters
Select a category
When you are working with filter and grouping, you always need to have an active category. There are two ways of selecting a category
You may mark a category before navigating to filter or (1) search for a category that you wish for parameter to filter or group from
Go to “Edit grouping”
- Here you set up the grouping by choosing one or more parameters from the menu left
- Set up the grouping with drag and drop
- Remove by clicking the minus (-)
- Save current setup
- Load existing save grouping
- Create a new grouping
- Duplicate your current grouping configuration
Generally for saving filter, grouping and combined filters
System: Here setting is visible in all projects and coming projects of the company. Bear in mind that parameters included in this setting must be present in projects to be able to be used
Project: Is only visible in the project in which it was created.
Private: The filter is only available for me
Public: The filter is available for everyone
“Set as default” will make this your default filter when you open the grid view.
- Edit grouping of filters. note; You will have to be in a grouping view in the grid to activate this feature
- Load a saved filter
- Create a new filter
- Save your current filter
- Duplicate your current filter
- Combine several filters into one
- Available parameters on the selected category, if you cannot find your parameter, then change the category to match your parameter
- Selected categories
- Selected parameters
- Parameter filters.
- Display: You can choose if you wish to hide one or more paramteres from a view by turning on and off on the display. Filter and grouping are still working, even if one or more used parameters in the filter or the grouping is hidden
- Comparison: Here you may sort by functions such as “Has relation”, “Contains” or “Equals to”
- Filter value: With this funcion you are able to write a value according to the above functions. There are a lot of option and no limits of grouping and sortings. In the text box, you can use the syntax “SQL like wildcard”. See this link for more information
- Sorting: Press the arrow for acvication, turn off and choice of direction. This controls if you are sorting it Ascending or Descending
Setup of combined filters
Navigate to filter selector to the far right in the grid view
Then you choose “Combine filters”
Choose by marking a grouping and a filter to be combined. Indicate name and save
Import and export – Excel
Import from Excel
This function requires that you navigate to type view
Press the “Import Excel” button
Choose file and press upload.
Export to excel
First, you need to set up a type view with the parameters you wish to export. Then you press the export button
Choose whether it is types, instances, or both that you wish to export. Then you click export
Info regarding export, edit and import
These ID´s are used for import and therefore must not be deleted
Under grouping, there may be building elements that are placed under ”Empty value” and ”No ´xxxx´ ”
- An empty value means that the building elements placed below are missing a value in the parameter at this level. Depending on how many levels the grouping has been set with, this will repeat itself at each level.
- Please note that if you allocate a value, the building element will be placed under this value subsequently if you reload the grouping.
- No ´xxxx´ – When there are building elements under No ´xxxx´ in the grouping, it means that the parameter, that indicates/is used at the grouping level, does not have the parameter attached to the category of the building element. See how you correct this in the guidance “parameters“
These views have the same function. The only difference is that one is shown as a breakdown, the other is name juxtaposed.
See under grouping how it is set up and combined with filter under combined filter
You may see all parameters on types as instances. You activate properties by right-clicking after having marked a type in the grid